Page 1 of 1:

FileTrekker
I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

BRITISH girls are the biggest teenage binge drinkers in the Western world, a report has revealed.
Statistics show that 50 per cent of 15-year-olds have been drunk at least twice - almost double the 29 per cent average of other developed countries. Girls in the UK also drink more than their male counterparts.

Certainly this problem seems to have gotten worse over the past few years. Nowadays the local park and that area is littered with young teenagers (15-18) drinking and thinking they're awesome (when they're just not) - and there seems to be a LOT more of them now then there used to be.

Infact it's really dodgy now walking to my mum's house after a certain time as the streets are literally littered with drunk youths looking to start any kind of trouble. I really don't think that the problem has been tackled by the previous government and it's only getting worse under the conservatives and cuts in public spending meaning there's less police out on the streets curbing this behavour.

England's going to hell in a handbasket. Frown

l0st
I want pie.

Exactly.

Kids have nothing to do these days, most of the facilities provided by local authorities are closing due to cuts, prices are going up and kids can't afford to keep themselves amused, their only choice is to turn to cheap bottles of cider and loitering in public places.

The problem will only get worse as more and more austerity measures are brought into place. I'm not surprised you've noticed an increase in the problem.

Professor_Bacon
Esteemed Gentleman

That's pretty messed up. Here in America bored teenagers mostly just take illegal drugs and have unwanted children.

I am a toaster
I toast therefore I am.

They do that here, too! But I agree with OP they drink in the streets too much too.
Would you like some toast?

Mr. Pedantic

The whole drinking thing is pretty bad here in new Zealand as well, though it's mostly with young adults - people who are legally allowed to drink, but who because they're still in college, or still don't have an SO or kids or anything still have the time and energy and desire to go out and get completely smashed for its own sake.

That's pretty messed up. Here in America bored teenagers mostly just take illegal drugs and have unwanted children.

"Just", he says...

Inyri
Sparkle Ninja

...and then Sheep created a reputation system, and we all +repped that post.

¤¤¤www.inyri.info¤¤¤

FileTrekker
I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

I wanted a + or - post rep system a bit like YouTube, but I can't remember why it wasn't put down as feasable.

lanshan75

I have been annoyed by this problem for a long time,so thank you for your post, it is really useful for me.